Audi 3G HDD Navigation Systems
Original factory hard disk drive (HDD) based navigation system incorporating a high-resolution 7 inch dash display. Maps load faster from the hard drive than the DVD navigation version. Door to door navigation for Western Europe with voice guidance. Navigation instructions are also displayed on the Driver Information Screen (DIS). Full and integrated control from the Multi Media Interface (MMI) console surrounding the gear lever.
- Mapping for Western Europe (32 Countries)
- 1,243,290 points of interest such as hotels, restaurants, car parks, service stations, etc.
- Photo realistic 3D landmark display on map.
- Plays DVD Movies.
- 2 SD card slots for mp3 music playback.
- 40GB Hard disk drive with 10GB free for music storage.
- Map of Western Europe stored on the built-in 40 GB hard drive.
- Selectable menu and voice language; English, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese.
- Dynamic navigation using RDS-TMC (Traffic Message Channel) data.
- Integration with Multi Function Steering Wheel (where fitted, not all models).
- Voice control.
- Replaces the original MMI control unit in the glovebox.
- Slots for 2 SD Cards for playing digital music.
- 10GB set aside for music.
- Jukebox function – Copy and store mp3 format music data to the built-in hard drive.
- Original Audi parts.
- For cars built after approximately September 2008.
Satellite navigation system
- Door to door navigation system.
- Photo realistic 3D landmark display (i.e. shows St. Paul’s Cathedral in London, Eiffel Tower in Paris!).
- Visual and audio navigation instructions.
- Next junction navigation displayed on Driver Information Screen.
- Map covers; Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City.
- Traffic information using Traffic Message Channel (TMC).
- Traffic jam avoidance and automatic re-routing using TMC data.
- Postcode input for address navigation.
- Destination input entry by voice command.
- 2D and 3D map views.
- Map zoom function.
- Automatic intersection zooming.
- Destination memory.
- Points of Interest (POI) database with search function.
- Route criteria.