Audi R8: DVD Navigation System RNS-E
The Audi RNS-E Navigation Plus DVD-based navigation system makes finding the way to your destination easy and fuss free. Simply enter the address and the navigation system calculates the best route based on your selected preferences. With both audible and visual navigation prompts, you will be guided to your destination safely. Incorporating route calculation features like Traffic Message Channel (TMC), the RNS-E can re-calculate your route taking reported jams into account and offering an alternative. This is an essential feature in today’s traffic congested world. Compared to a CD-ROM, the DVD-based navigation system loads maps faster and with greater detail when you zoom in.
- DVD mapping for Western Europe
- 6½ inch TFT display
- Plays Audio CD and MP3 music
- 2 SD Card slots for digital music playback
- 6½ inch TFT display with 400 x 240 pixels resolution.
- Selectable menu language; English, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish.
- FM/AM Radio with station memory.
- Displays Navigation, Radio, Audio, Telephone information on the Driver Information Screen (DIS) if the car is fitted.
- Integration with Multi Function Steering Wheel (where fitted, not all models).
- A controller for optional devices including a Bluetooth™ mobile telephone interface.
- Original Audi part designed to fit into the dashboard of the Audi A3 series.
Satellite navigation system
- Door to door navigation system.
- Visual and audio navigation instructions.
- Supplied the latest DVD map covering Western European.
- Countries covered; Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Andorra, Belgium, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Vatican City.
- Traffic Information using Traffic Message Channel (TMC).
- Traffic jam avoidance and automatic re-routing using TMC data.
- Postcode input for address navigation.
- 2D and 3D map views with split screen.
- Points of Interest (POI) database with search function.
- Split screen display with 2D and 3D map view with compass, bird’s eye views.
- Route options; Fastest, Shortest, Automatic.
- CD/MP3 Player.
- Two SD card slots, supporting SD cards up to 2GB each for MP3 music playback.
- AM and FM Radio with RDS and Traffic Programme (TP).
- 4 by 25 Watt power output.
**Note: This unit will not play DVD movies.
Controller for Other Devices
Where installed in a vehicle the RNS-E Navigation Plus will control and/or display the following:
- Bluetooth™ mobile telephone interface.
- Integrated TV with Analog and DVB (freeview) tuners.
- Display for rear view parking camera image.
- External 6 disk audio CD changer.