Audi TT: High Res DVD Navigation System RNS-E
Compared to the previous model, the updated Audi RNS-E Navigation Plus DVD-based navigation system loads maps quicker due to a new faster processor. The higher resolution screen show greater map detail and improved graphics. It supports SD/MMC/SDHC cards with capacities of up to 32 GB. With the faster processor, route calculations and re-routes due to prevailing traffic conditions are made quicker. One of the biggest advantages is the compatibility with Audi's AMI (Audi Music Interface) showing song titles, artists, albums, playlists info from an attached Apple™ iPod on the main screen. This ability brings it in line with the integrated MMI systems as found in the model ranges above.
- AMI Compatible
- DVD mapping for Western Europe
- 6½ inch high resolution display
- Faster Processor
- Plays Audio CD and MP3 music
- 2 SD Card slots for digital music playback
- 6½ inch high resolution TFT display.
- Selectable menu language; English, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish.
- Displays Navigation, Radio, Audio (iPod & mp3 tracks), Telephone information on the Driver Information Screen (DIS) if the car is fitted with a Highline computer.
- Integration with Multi Function Steering Wheel (where fitted, not all models).
- A controller for optional devices including a Bluetooth™ telephone interface and AMI – Audi Music Interface.
- Original Audi part.
Satellite navigation system
- Door to door navigation system.
- Visual and audio navigation instructions.
- Supplied with a DVD map covering Western European.
- Countries covered; Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Andorra, Belgium, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Vatican City.
- Traffic Information using Traffic Message Channel (TMC).
- Traffic jam avoidance and automatic re-routing using TMC data.
- Postcode input for address navigation.
- 2D and 3D map views with split screen.
- Points of Interest (POI) database with search function.
- Split screen display with 2D and 3D map view with compass, bird’s eye views.
- Route options; Fastest, Shortest, Automatic.
- CD/MP3 Player.
- Two SD card slots, supporting SD cards up to 32GB each for MP3 music playback.
- AM and FM Radio with RDS and Traffic Programme (TP).
- 4 by 25 Watt power output.
- AMI Compatible.
**Note: This unit will not play DVD movies.
Controller for Other Devices
Where installed in a vehicle the RNS-E Navigation Plus will control and/or display the following.
- Bluetooth™ mobile telephone interface.
- AMI – Audi Music Interface.
- Integrated TV with Analog and DVB (freeview) tuners.
- Graphical display for optical parking sensors.
- Display for rear view parking camera image.